I hope your stepson doesn't eat the fish

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Updates - Brighton


As I previously posted, I was very excited about going to the karaoke bar on the pier, somewhere that My lovely Fiancee and I went a few times when we were first together. So I was feeling quite nostalgic about it and looking forward to reliving some of the good old times - duetting to Perfect Ten by The Beautiful South, having a few beers etc....

They have closed the karaoke bar and turned it into an amusement arcade. NOOOOO!

The rest of the weekend was pretty good though, we got rather drunk on Friday night (isn't Brighton expensive?) spent about an hour or so on saturday morning trawling round the shops trying to find a pair of shorts which was nice - got a call asking where we were and if we wanted to visit the Doctor Who exhibit on the pier and i quote "it is only about a quid" turned out to be SIX! We all agreed - It wasn't worth the money. We walked all the way to the marina to look at the sand sculptures (also supposed to be only about a quid) and decided against it when that turned out to be SIX quid each as well - we learnt our lesson from doctor who! So we got the train back which was the only thing we paid close to "a quid" for all weekend (£1.50).

The only major disappointment - apart from the lack of karaoke bar - was the crapness of the fish and chips, I had been really looking forward to them but we decided to "eat in" at the fish and chip restauarant on the pier £6.95 for a large cod and chips which wasn't very nice. So there you go - word of warning avoid the "eat in" part of the pier fish and chip restaurant.

I sound like I am moaning but in all fairness I had a really good time - the company and the beer and the pubs and clubs we went to were great.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home